TRAX INTERNATIONAL LIMITED
STANDARD TRADING CONDITIONS
The Customerís attention is drawn to the Clauses hereof which exclude or limit the Companyís liability and those which require the customer to indemnify the Trax International Ltd. in certain circumstances.
1. In these Conditions:
2. Headings of Clauses or groups of Clauses are for indicative purposes only.
(A) Subject to Sub-clauses (B) and (C) below all and any activities of the Company in the course of business whether gratuitous or not are undertaken subject to these Conditions.
(B) If any legislation is compulsorily applicable to any business undertaken, these Conditions shall as regards such business, be read as subject to such legislation and nothing in these Conditions shall be construed as a surrender by the Company of any of its rights or immunities or as an increase of any of its responsibilities or liabilities under such legislation and if any part of these Conditions be repugnant to such legislation to any extent such part shall as regards such business be severable and overridden to that extent and no further.
(C) Subject to Sub-clause (B) above, the Company and the Customer may agree that, in respect of all or any part or parts of any contract for the movement of goods, the Company shall issue an "FBL". Where such document is issued, the terms and conditions embodied in it shall be paramount in governing the relationship between the Customer and the Company insofar as those terms and conditions are inconsistent with or repugnant to these Conditions.
THE COMPANY'S GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES
(A) The Company shall perform its duties with a reasonable degree of care, diligence, skill and judgment.
(B) Subject to Clause 17 hereof, the Company shall carry out its services within a reasonable time.
(C) Subject to these Conditions and in particular to the discretion reserved to the Company below the Company shall take all reasonable steps to perform any of the Customer's instructions accepted by the Company.
(D) If at any stage in any transaction the Company should reasonably consider that there is good reason in the Customer's interests to depart from any of the Customer's instructions, the Company shall be permitted to do so and shall not incur any additional liability in consequence of so doing.
(E) When using its discretion as permitted in these Conditions, the Company shall do so with due regard to the interests of the Customer.
(A) If after a contract has been agreed events or circumstances come to the attention of the Company which in the opinion of the Company make it wholly or in part impossible for the Company to fulfill its duties it shall take reasonable steps to inform the Customer of such events or circumstances and seek further instructions.
(B) Quotations are given on the basis of immediate acceptance and are subject to withdrawal or revision. Unless otherwise agreed in writing the Company shall be, after acceptance, at liberty to revise quotations or charges with or without notice in the event of changes outside the Company's control occurring in currency exchange rates, rates of freight, insurance premiums or any charges applicable to the goods.
THE CUSTOMER'S UNDERTAKINGS
(A) The Customer shall be deemed to be competent and to have reasonable knowledge of matters affecting the conduct of their business, including terms of sale and purchase and all other matters relating thereto.
(B) The Customer shall give sufficient and executable instructions, and the Company shall, within the limits of its duty of care and diligence, inform the Customer if it considers that the Customer's instructions are insufficient or in executable.
7. The Customer warrants that it is either the Owner or the authorized agent of the Owner and also that it is accepting these Conditions not only for itself but also as agent for and on behalf of the Owner.
8. The Customer warrants that the description and particulars of any goods furnished by or on behalf of the Customer are full and accurate.
(A) When goods are accepted or dealt with upon instructions to collect freight, duties, charges or other expenses from the Consignee or any other person the Customer shall remain responsible for the same if they are not paid by such Consignee or other person immediately when due.
(B) The Company shall have the right to enforce any liability of the Customer under these Conditions or to recover any sums to be paid by the Customer under these Conditions not only against or from the Customer but also if it thinks fit against or from the sender and /or consignee and/or Owner.
10. No Claim shall be made on any grounds whatsoever against:
(i) any officer, director, employee or agent or servant of the Company.
(ii) any of its parent subsidiary or associated companies. except to enforce any contract to which the Customer and such Company are parties by virtue of Clause 28 or 29 hereof, which seeks to impose upon them any liability in connection with the business undertaken by the Company or with the goods. For the purposes of this Clause the Company contracts as agents for all of the aforementioned.
11. The Customer shall indemnify the Company against all duties, taxes, payments, fines, expenses, losses, damages (including physical damage) and liabilities in excess of the liability of the Company in accordance with these Conditions, suffered or incurred by the Company in the performance of its obligations under any contract to which these Conditions apply, including any liability to indemnify any other person against claims made against such other person by the Customer or by the Owner.
(A) The Customer shall warn the Company if any goods which are the subject of any transaction to which these Conditions apply are liable to taint or affect other goods, or are likely to harbor or encourage vermin or other pests, and the Customer shall indemnify the Company against any liability, loss, damage, costs or expenses incurred by the Company as a consequence of the Customer's failure to do so or for failure to do so in good time.
Except where the Company has accepted instructions in respect of the
preparation, packing, stowage, labeling or marking of the goods the
Customer warrants that all goods have been properly and sufficiently
prepared, packed, stowed, labeled and/or marked, and that the
preparation, packing, stowage, labeling and marking are appropriate
to any operations or transactions affecting the goods and the
characteristics of the goods.
13. The Customer shall indemnify the Company in respect of any claims of a general average nature which may be made on it and shall provide such security as may be required by the Company in this connection.
14. Any claim by the Customer or Owner against the Company, (except in the case of air carriage to which the Warsaw Convention applies, in which case the claim shall be subject to the provisions of that Convention), shall be made in writing or by telex and notified to the Company as soon as events which may give rise to a claim are known to the Customer or owner of the goods and in any event:
THE COMPANY'S ROLE
(A) When acting as an agent, the Company does not make or purport to make any contract with the Customer for the carriage, storage, packing or handling of any goods nor for any other physical service in relation to them and acts solely on behalf of the Customer in securing services by establishing contracts with third parties so that direct contractual relationships are established between the Customer and such third parties.
(B) Where the Company has held itself out to be the operator of a regular line or service over the route, or part of the route, on which the goods are to be carried, has accepted instructions for the carriage of the goods by that line or service, and has issued an "FBL" the Company shall (except where the Company procures a bill of lading or other document evidencing a contract of carriage between the carrier and the Customer or Owner) be deemed to provide such carriage, or such part thereof, as principal contractor, without prejudice to the question whether any of the other services are arranged by the Company as agent or provided as principal contractor.
(C) Except to the extent set out in Sub-clause (B) the Company shall be deemed to be acting as agent in any case where the Company enters into a contract with any other person for the carriage, storage, packing or handling of the goods or for any other services in relation thereto and such contract is capable of being enforced by the Customer or Owner as principal whether or not the Customer or Owner is named or disclosed as principal by the Company.
charging or agreement to charge a fixed price for any service shall
not of itself determine whether the Company arranges such service as
agent or provides the same as principal contractor.
16. Notwithstanding any of the provisions hereof the Company shall in any event be discharged of all liability whatsoever arising in respect of any service provided for the Customer or which the Company has undertaken to provide unless suit be brought as provided for in these Conditions within nine months from...
the date of the event or occurrence alleged to give rise to the Company's liability, or
after the delivery of any goods covered by the service, or the date when such goods should have been delivered, whichever is the later.
17. Except under special arrangements the Company accepts no responsibility for departure or arrival or dates of goods.
(A) If delivery of the goods or any part thereof is not taken by the Customer, Consignee or Owner, at the time and place when and where the Company is entitled to call upon such person to take delivery thereof the Company shall be entitled to store the goods or any part thereof at the sole risk of the Customer, whereupon the liability of the Company in respect of the goods or that part thereof stored as aforesaid shall wholly cease and the cost of such storage if paid for or payable by the Company or any agent or sub-contractor of the Company shall forthwith upon demand be paid by the Customer to the Company.
(B) The Company shall be entitled at the expense of the Customer to dispose of (by sale or otherwise as may be reasonable in all the circumstances)
19. Except insofar as may be required to comply with the Customer's instructions as regards documentation, or except under special arrangements the Company shall not be obliged to arrange for the goods to be carried stored or handled separately from other goods.
20. No insurance will be affected except upon special arrangements with the Customer and all insurances affected by the Company are subject to the usual exceptions and conditions of the policies of the Insurance Company or Underwriters taking the risk. The Company shall not be under any obligation to affect a separate insurance on each consignment but may declare it on any open or general policy. Notwithstanding that the premium on the policy may not be the same as that charged by the Company to the Customer the Company shall in no circumstances incur liability as insurer and if for any reason the insurers dispute liability the Customer shall have recourse against the insurers only; however this provision shall not detract from the rights of the Customer against the Company in respect of any negligence on the part of the Company in effecting insurance.
21. Except in accordance with special arrangements the Company shall not he obliged to make any Declaration for the purpose of any statute, convention or contract as to the nature or value of any goods or as to any special interest in delivery.
22. Except under special arrangements or under the terms of a printed document signed by the Company, any instructions relating to the delivery or release of goods in specified circumstances only, such as (but without prejudice to the generality of this Clause) against payment or against surrender of a particular document are accepted by the Company only as agents for the Customer where third parties are engaged to effect compliance with the instructions.
23. Advice and information, in whatever form it may he given, is provided by the Company for the Customer only and the Customer shall indemnify the Company against any liability, claims, loss, damage, costs or expenses arising out of any other person relying upon such advice or information. Except under special arrangements, advice and information which is not related to instructions accepted by the Company is provided gratuitously and without liability.
24. The defenses and limits of liability provided for in these Conditions shall apply in any action against the Company whatsoever, howsoever arising, whether the action be founded in contract tort or otherwise regulations passed there under.
(B) If the requirements of Sub-clause (A) are not complied with, the Customer shall indemnify the Company against all loss, damage or expense arising out of the goods being tendered for transportation or handled or carried by the Company.
If the carriage involves an ultimate destination or stop in a country other than the country of departure, the Warsaw Convention may be applicable and the Convention governs and in most cases limits the liability of carriers in respect of loss of or damage to cargo. Agreed stopping places are those places (other than the places of departure and destination) shown under requested routing and/or those places shown in carriers' timetables as scheduled stopping places for the route. The address of the first carrier is the airport of departure.
37. The Customer shall pay to the Company in cash or as otherwise agreed all sums immediately when due without reduction or deferment on account of any claim, counterclaim or set off.
38. Despite the acceptance by the Company of instructions to collect freight, duties, charges or other expenses from the Consignee or any other person the Customer shall remain responsible for such freight duties, charges or expenses on receipt of evidence of proper demand and in the absence of evidence of payment (for whatever reason) by such Consignee or other person when due.
39. All goods (and documents relating to goods) shall be subject to a particular and general lien and right of detention for monies due either in respect of such goods or for any particular or general balance or other monies due from the Customer or the Sender, consignee or owner to the Company. If any monies due the Company are not paid within one calendar month after notice has been given to the person from whom the monies are due that such goods are being detained, they may he sold by auction or otherwise at the sole discretion of the Company and at the expense of such person, and the net proceeds applied in or towards satisfaction of such indebtedness and the Company will not be liable for any deficiencies or reduction in value received on the sale of the goods nor, will the Customer be relieved from the liability merely because the goods have been sold.
40. The Company shall be entitled to retain and be paid all brokerages, commissions, allowances and other remunerations as is customary in the trade.
JURISDICTION AND LAW
41. These Conditions shall be governed by the law of the Province of Ontario, in Canada, unless otherwise agreed to by each party in writing prior to any commencement of services or purchases. By accepting the services provided under these Conditions, the Customer irrevocably agree any action or other resolute settlement matters through or by the laws of the Province of Ontario in Canada.
means any person at whose request or on whose behalf the Company undertakes any business or provides advice information or services.
means goods as statutorily defined in the appropriate Federal or Provincial Legislation of Canada.
FBL: means a Bill of Lading or Waybiill covering the carriage of goods, and includes a FIATA Combined Transport Bill of Lading.
Goods: Means the objects of the
services provided hereunder and shall include any packing containers or
DESTINATION TARIFF |
Copyright © Traxco